Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My F drive removible disk for Cd's and Dvd's...It will not read either or YYY???

Peace~Love~Happiness
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Can you elaborate your querry...I dont understand what info you need!

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

Hello, Thanks for your time...I Just want my Cd and Dvd drive  (Drive F) to work is all. it says to put a disk in when there is one in...:Icon_Alert::Icon_Alert::PartyHat:

Peace~Love~Happiness
HP Recommended

It sounds like the lense is not reading the disk...try buying a cleaning disk and insert it to clean the laser lense.

Also make sure you check the sata and power cables to make sure the device is operational in Windows!

if it still wont work after that I think you need to replace it

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

I sure will do that and thanks for your time again...I will let you know what happens when I get to it.:generic::Halo:

Peace~Love~Happiness
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.