smilbrandt
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Dual Boot HP 260-P109

HP Recommended
HP Slimline 260-P109
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  i have an HP Slimline Desktop Model 260-P109.

I came with Windows 10.  I want to dual Boot it with Windws 7.  

I enabled legacy boot and changed the boot order to install Windowss 7 fronm a USB thumb drive.  I read that I must somehow enable legacy USB driver simulation in order to have Windows 10 load the Windows 7 Keyboard and mouse driveers, bot I can't find the in the BIOS / UEFI configuration settings.

Please tell me where to find this and our the steps I need to take to make this work because right now when I select Winows 7 on the boot meny the mouse and keywoard do not function even though I have them in the USB 2.0 slots.

I also right I must down grade TRM from 2.0 to 1.2, but when I try to use the TRM Configuration program under Windows 10, a dialogue box appears saying "this program does not apply to this computer.

Please help.  Thank you very much in advance.  

Before they canged from the BIOS and MBR to UEFI and GPT nothing was ever a problem.

I am frustrated

2 REPLIES 2
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,810 5,049
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need two hard drives.  Do you have two hard drives installed?

Be sure to set the BIOS (under security) to BIOS legacy mode enabled and secure boot disabled.  Also, disable Fast Boot.

Hamar fast boot #1.jpg

Then before attemping to install W7, disconnect the original boot hard drive.

Your PC was not certified by HP for Windows 7 so you probably will have issues locating drivers.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
smilbrandt
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I partitioned the drive and, yes I have disabled Secure boot.   The problem is the drivers.   How do I load / enable USB 2.0 mouse and keyboard drivers for Windows 7.  The computer came with one drive.  I agree, two drives would be better, but partitioning should be sufficient.

Any further help with respect to installing Windows 7 mouse and printer drivers would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Steve

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation