Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24er 23.8 inch display
Linux

Problem is that I have a dual boot system - Windows 7 and LInux Mint on my desktop computer.

Before I changed the monitor (because the old one broke down), it worked fine.

After changing to hp24er, the dual boot menu disappeared, and it boots into Windows7 always.

How to get the old dual boot menu back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@screen1248

I know, I saw the post ...

Looks like you're already getting some good replies there.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@screen1248

Sorry, but that is a complicated process, and since HP does not really provide consumer-level Linux support, your best bet in this situation would be to post on the Linux Mint community forums:  Linux Mint Forums • Index page 

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. I am in contact with Linux forums about it.

HP Recommended

@screen1248

I know, I saw the post ...

Looks like you're already getting some good replies there.

HP Recommended

Yes - thanks.

I'll mark your answer as a solution though it really was only a hint to where I could find the solution 😉 But then you get some points I suppose 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.