Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ERROR CODE 0xc0000098

HP PAVILION TOUCHSMART 23 ALL IN ONE #H5P61AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

THE ERROR CODE WAS WITH BLUE SCREEN THEN I RAN A HARDWARE DIAGNOSTIES UEFI TEST AND PERFORMED EXTENSIVE TEST THIS IS WHAT I GOT FAILURE ID TAG 60DUHL-00090C-PXPAXG-61R403, CHECKSUM OK, FAILURE CODE 307, DEVICE STORGE,THEN AT BOTTEM ERROR MESSAGE HARD DISC 1 OPTIMIZED I GOT WITH BLUE SCREEN NOW I HAVE A BLACK SCREEN AND ERROR : NO BOOT DISC HAS BEEN DETECTED OR THE DISK HAS FAILED COULD YOU PLEASE HELP NOT MOUCH OF A COMPUTER EXPERT BUT NEED HELP THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME DAVID

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 571 628
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ERROR CODE 0xc0000098

Hi @DAVID187,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that you are in need of support.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Click on the below link to  fix the issue.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ERROR CODE 0xc0000098

No when we turned it on had a code 0xc0000098 with a blue screen nothing else I was able to run that test that I explained now I have a black screen on and won't let me get in to much like before and now has that error code but no down loads was done to it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 571 628
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ERROR CODE 0xc0000098

@DAVID187,

Thanks for the reply.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. 

To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation