Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 4
145 144 0 13
Message 221 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So much for HPsupporting USB standards of being able to connect up to 127 devices if these systems can't even handle less than a dozen.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
145 144 0 13
Message 222 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I received a message from a 3rd level HP Support Engineer who said they shipped one of the affected motherboards back to the vendor (Pegatron) for analysis and are still waiting for the results.

This HP tech seems sincere in wanting to help customers with this problem so I encourage all of you to send him a PM sumsolstice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 5 0 5
Message 223 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am so thankful I found this thread.  If I had not I would be going through the repair/replace route on my 9180t and let the 21 day return limit pass me by.  I received an RMA number first thing this morning and just dropped the PC off at Fedex.  I'll pursue other alternatives.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
96 91 0 7
Message 224 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

13 days now with my replaced e9150t and no freez-ups or BSODs. I just want to say if anybody is thinking of going to Dell they should first look at their customer forum. They are apparently having much the same problems with their machines. I believe the real culprit is all the outsourcing these company's are doing. Parts from several different countries and then assembling in Mexico. (Look on the bottom of your machine) It says product of Mexico.

I will probably keep this one if it behaves before the 21 days are up. I might end up regretting it.

Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 225 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am not sure of you are aware EOTS, but there is an option within the factory image from HP to create a set of recovery disks. It lets you create one set. I did this for my old Quad core HP that my e9150T replaced and it worked smoothly when I recovered that box using the disks created using the utility. It was back to out of the box image. If you blew the factory image away then you would not have the utility to create the image(which reformatting the drive to install Vista ultimate would do.)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 226 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I ordered my e9150t Aug. 1, and only then came across these postings.  I was nervous until I got mine.  Received it August 12, and it has been running fine - no crashes or other problems (other than the normal Vista issues).  Also been running Windows 7 RC1 with no problems.  Mine also has the Trukee v1.04 A05 with the 5.18 BIOS.   Based on the postings so far here, it appears that this 1.04 WITH the 5.18 BIOS may have fixed the problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
145 144 0 13
Message 227 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks Enhancer1, but I had already installed a new copy of Vista on drive C which reformatted it, which makes the recovery partition completely useless.  HP should just stop wasting hard drive space on this crap and provide recovery disks like Dell does.  If HP was doing their job I wouldn't have had to troubleshoot this by installing a clean copy of Vista without all the HP junk.  I contacted Case Management today and they are sending me a set of recovery disks at no charge, which is what tech support should have done!  I have never dealt with so many useless "techs" (and I use the term very loosely), they are merely script readers and don't know anything.  Even their managers are clueless, one of them gave me the URL to a 5.18 BIOS (dated last year) for a different motherboard and instructed me to install it, this is complete incompetence.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 228 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems everyone is having some sort of trouble with HP's "Elite" series. I ordered an e9180t back in July and received it in August. Finally I got a chance to take it out of its box 2 weeks ago. During routine initial setup process I got the famous "blue screen". At that moment I knew that something wasn't right about this machine. Well, I wasn't (unfortunately) wrong. This machine has been crashing, freezing, rebooting everyday at least a few times. I've got "blue screen" for about 4 times now (could be more but not sure). I've wasted 12 DL DVDs during burning process and finally I decided to return this machine for a refund. Worst of all I am using this machine for heavy video/picture editing and for my business to earn money and store extremely valuable data. But so far it's just a $1700 failure.

Bottom line is that I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER HP again for the following reasons;

1- Short life span. This machine is my 5th PC within the past 5 years. I bought 3 (they were best in their categories) lap-tops for my wife and 2 desktops (including this one) for myself. 2 of those previous PCs died right after their warranties expired. I am 100% sure that this one will do the same trick and in case that happens I really don't want to hear an HP "tech" guy who has no clue of math and money telling me to send the computer back for repairs and pay almost the same amount of money that can buy a brand-new computer. So the bottom line here is that HP computers life-span are no longer than 2-3 years maximum (in my own experience).

2- HP "support" guys with lack of intelligence, experience and customer "support" skills as well as RESPECT to their clients.

3- And finally, wasting 12 Dual Layer DVDs, almost 2 weeks out of my life as well as all that frustration just because I decided to buy a "brand-new" $1700 machine from HP.

To the forum members: I am sorry that I am not offering any solutions/suggestions to your similar problems. But why do we always have to end up seekign for solutions to our problems on forums? Don't these guys get paid to do this? So, this is the only reason why I refuse to offer possible solutions to our problems even though I can think of a few. But again, I WILL NOT HELP HP to solve their problems after spending $1700++ and my valuable time for a brand new junk.

To HP: You guys, if you ever bother reading and trying to understand what your clients are saying here would/should ultimately help you improve your business. This should be in your customer service "manual" called customer service 101... or simply called commonsense!!!!

However, I will contunie to post here and share my experiences with my new DELL or Gateway or even my own custom built PC when I decide how to spend my hard earned $1700.

Highlighted
Level 1
5 5 0 5
Message 229 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kudos to HP for this.

I called yesterday morning and was off the phone in 10 minutes with an RMA for my e9180t PC that was defective as indicated in my previous post.  I printed the prepaid shipping label and dropped of the unit at Fedex.  Today, much to my surprise, my Paypal account was credited with the full purchase price of the PC.  Apparently HP issued the refund when they were notified the unit was shipped, as it is still in transit.

So although I was disappointed with the PC, I am impressed with HP's handling of the return and refund.  I almost feel guilty not giving them a second chance (almost).

Highlighted
6 6 0 0
Message 230 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow.  How incredibly scary.  I have an e9150t on order.  Should be here by the 30th of August.  I will look to see what I have when I get it in terms of Motherboard  revision and BIOS.  I am buying this because my HP laptop stopped working and when I sent it in, they claim there is water damage which breaks the warranty.  I cannot imagine how that is possible.  At $750 for repair, I decided to get a desktop.  I do video and audio editing (hobby) and wanted a reasonably priced machine. 

I am fairly certain that if I get any instability I am going to straight for the refund.  Thanks to all for posting what you have found.  I am hoping for a better experience...

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation