cancel
Intern
Intern
43 40 0 3
Message 1021 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite e9150t Feezes/Locks up

Sorry, I forgot to tag. This was in reference to unplugging the wireless keyboard/mouse USB receiver.
0 Kudos
toddxr4ti Tutor
Tutor
14 13 0 0
Message 1022 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just responding to your post re: my e9150t

toddxrti e9150t ???  ????  (you say shuts down, does the screen this have a video frame, or a picture up??

Not sure I'm understanding the question correctly but to elaborate. My 9150 acts just as if someone held down the power button to shut if off with no screens or warnings that it is about to happen just black screen and power completely off. This has only happened when using windows media player watching video. Seems like it might be some sort of overheating shutdown but not sure. It seems to work fine otherwise.

0 Kudos
hakanson Tutor
Tutor
11 11 0 0
Message 1023 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Proximo: near the equator? (he he he).  No, I live in Minnesota and I keep the thermostat set a 75 during the cooling months (which appear to be ending this week).  If the computer is turned on, it usually stays on all day (because until last week I hadn't realized that the network card was waking it back up).  The times it has locked up (no keyboard/mouse) has been 5 - 10 minutes after cold boot.
0 Kudos
starlights Tutor
Tutor
16 16 0 1
Message 1024 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am one of the people who stumbled upon this thread while researching (and almost about to order the e9180f). On paper it seems to be a great machine but after reading all the horror stories here, i have decided to hold back until this machine is given a green chit.

Anyway, i have just notice that a lot of dealers are now stopping to restock this line from HP - (Amazon / Tigerdirect and a couple of other ones that i cant remember the name of.)

The thing that most disturbs me is the fact that there is complete silence from HP (being that this thread exists on their forum!!)

Wish you all good luck and hope a resolution is found soon.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
31 30 0 1
Message 1025 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Proximo-Have had Elite e9110t up and running for almost 24 hours now.  Absolutely no problems.  I will keep you posted.
0 Kudos
mikeytow Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 1
Message 1026 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omg the amount of replies to this darn post...  Epic thread is epic ^_^

SOMEONE CLOSE THIS MONSTER THREAD!

0 Kudos
Conroe99 Tutor
Tutor
13 13 0 0
Message 1027 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just packed up my second e9150t  to send back to HP.  Mine acted a little different than most.  The computer will start up and run from one hour to three days before freezing up.  Sometimes I get the BSOD.  I never bothered with calling the regular phone number for the second computer just called 1-888-999-4747.  I did one recovery and it froze again so I am going to send it back.

The first one acted the same. 

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
211 205 0 29
Message 1028 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well I'm on my 3rd PC now. I convinced HP to upgrade me from the e9150t, to the e9180t w/ the i7-975 CPU, just hoping that I'd happen to get a good one. Just took it out of the box last night. It froze on the HP setup process, so I had to reboot. Then after logging in after the restart, got the infamous "timing issue on a secondary processor" BSOD.
---------

http://twitter.com/cthemenway
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
36 36 0 0
Message 1029 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just got off the phone with HP on my second attempt to fix the freeze issue.  The bizzare thing is on the first call the first thing we did was to reimage the harddrive on this call we actually spent time troubleshooting, nothing serious though.

Just finished running my SMART Test Extended which took approx 2.5 hours to run with the 1tb drive.  No errors found. test is located in the (BIOS setup).

The tech rep told me to call back after the test completed to give the results, he then said the next step is too reseat the Video Card, if that didn't work I would be asked to send in the PC so they can redo OS again from there factory image, are these people serious?

0 Kudos
mikeytow Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 1
Message 1030 of 3,999
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you ask me it sounds like HP has some poor quality control on this product, and should do a recall and fix the error(s)

Seriously guys why are you stabbing a dead horse over this product?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation