cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
anon232411
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Elitebook 2560p power and battery light on, laptop doesn't start

HP Recommended
Elitebook 2560p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

My Elitebook 2560p won't start anymore. Yesterday it worked ok, but suddenly turned off and the aformentioned lights turned on. When I plug in the AC or battery, the power and battery lights turn on, but nothing else happens.The battery light is also blinking (so, it's on -> white light, but also blinks yellow).

I tried removing the battery and holding the power on button for 30 seconds to no effect. No peripherals are attached to the laptop. As long as the computer has power (either battery of AC) the lights stay on. 

What can cause this and what are the possible fixes?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
itsmyname
Level 9
5,033 4,948 232 647
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any time that the computer is powered-on (AC or battery), one lamp SHOULD be on.

If you power-off the computer, that one lamp should be OFF.

If your AC adapter is working, and is connected to the computer, then the second lamp should be ON, to indicate that the battery is 100% charged.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation