Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 705 with ryzen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, we are having issues where a number of elitedesk 705 computers with W10 64 bit 1909 often crash and reboot when woke from standby.

Hibernation is disabled.

What happens is the following:

• system goes to standby after the set timeout or is set into standby by the user
  • fan stops and power button flashes
  • when you wake the system by pressing the keyboard, power button or using WOL, the system often does a full reboot instead of simply waking up. When it reboots, it goes into some kind of repair loop where it gets stuck and needs to be shut down hard. After that, it boots normally again.

I have installed all updates available in HP Image Assistant.
I have also tried disabling virtualisation in BIOS.

Windows event log only tells me the system was shut down unexpectedly.

Older dell computers with identical windows installation do not show this phenomenon.

Does anyone have a clue? This is a major headache as we allow the computers in our computer classroom to enter standby during the day so they are quickly available again.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update: when I disable the onboard NIC in bios, the issue seems to go away. I could sleep-wake it for 10 times without issue. With NIC enabled, it often crashes within three attempts.

NIC is configured for WOL and we are using dot1x network authentication.

HP Recommended

Update: the situation seems to improve when installing the newest driver from Realtek itself.

HP offers 10.35.510.2019 as newest driver. Realtek offers 10.45.928.202.

With the realtek driver I can wake it from sleep several times without issues however it still occasionally reboots.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.