1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elitedesk 800 G2 bios settings problems

Elitedesk 800 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have a problem with a Elitedesk 800 G2 SFF. Every morning it powers on by itself and it's trying to PXE boot. 

This PXE boot is a setting that I set up when I reinstalled this machine a few weeks ago. Since this time this problem occurs. Every night the power is cut in the room where this machine is, in the morning at 7am the power is turned on and the machine turns on by itself. 

I've changed the automatic power on bios setting and PXE possibility multiple times. When I restart the machine the same day, the settings are kept. No power problems, no unwanted PXE boots, until the next morning. 

The bios seems to lose all settings when the power is cut from the machine. Can anyone please tell me how to keep these settings? Again, I know how to change the settings, I just don't know how to ''save'' them until the next day etc. 

Thanks in advance.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation