Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I have completely run out of options and ideas.

My Elitedesk 800g2 mini 65w use to boot fine (Windows 10).

I replaced the battery on the board and booted the computer up.

Post this and the shut down, it not wont do anything. Fan turns on, but no output at all to screens.

I have tried the Windows `V` and `B` key method, the changing the jumper on the board off pin 1&2 method.

Depowering it completely, inc battery, for several days method.

I tried the SSD in another computer - which worked fine.

Still nothing. Not an options to get in into BIOS even.

I dont really know what to do anymore.

Many thanks for any help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey,

I have a similar (or the same) the same problem with my Elitedesk 800 G3 mini 65w.

I tried with another power supply, removing all RAM bars (I got beeps + red power LED on this case), I tried without any USB devices..

For me, when I tried to power on the computer, the power LED turns to white + fans are run. After nearly 15s, the computer shutdowns for 3s then he restart automatically in loop...

I got this behavior juste after changing USB ports alimentation in the BIOS (to disable front USB + SATA).

Also, I upgraded this bios version to the latest.

I hope we found the reason...

HP Recommended

Did you find a solution ?

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem, but with a 800 G2 35W.

I wanted to see whether I could swap in the drive cage for a 65W but when I put it back together it reported that it couldn't find the boot drive.

Boot drive is  Debian 12

No issues found with the drive itself, so I tried clearing the CMOS.

Put everything back together and now no video out either VGA or DisplayPort.

No response from the keyboard, although a backlit keyboard that I tried lit up.

No activity on a bootable usb that I tried to use to restore windows 10.

Seems weird that the default BIOS state is so tough to work with or that the hardware is so delicate.   Must drive IT guys in enterprise settings crazy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.