DKnight0
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Endless BSOD reboot loops after updates

HP Recommended
elitedesk 800
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Half off the EliteDesk 800 desktop computers booted into an endless blue screen of death with a Watchdog Violation, then reboot. None of the systems would restore from restore point (20 minutes, then fail). None of them would uninstall the last windows update either (again, 20 minutes then fail). I noticed early-on, that if I unplugged the network cords, the systems would not have the BSOD unless I opened a web browser (any of them). I tried updating all of the drivers on the system (BTW, the intel HD 4600 video driver would not install - says was not appropriate for the computer, but it was the correct one. tried from both HP and Intel)The systems did not have the kybFiltr.sys file or the files in windows/system32/drivers/wd. I Looked at the minidumps and started disabling services that failed to start one at a time until I found one that worked- I uninstalled BitDefender and its agent. The BSODs went away. This worked on all of the systems in the office.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation