cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bretto29
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Envy 23 won't boot - potential Windows 10 issue?

HP Recommended
Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I seem to be having a recurring problem with Windows 10 updates, and this time it's proved critical. Usually after an update, my screen gets locked in boot screen with white circle of dots circling. Usually after a few resets, the problem clears, however it has just been stuck on this screen for over 24 hours now.

i have tried rebooting constantly, nothing. Tried system restore and get error. Tried system test and all passed. Still can't get past this stupid circle screen.

any suggestions would be great as machine is about to go in bin!

2 REPLIES 2
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,617 3,987
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bretto29

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the Envy 23 won't boot - potential Windows 10 issue,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you remove all external devices such as USB flash drive, external hard drive, etc...?

Have you attempted to boot into safe mode and check if that works?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can try:

Method 1: Start computer in safe mode and uninstall/remove the recent update: Click here to view a YouTube Video on how to access safe mode,

Method 2: Tap on F11 - to access the recovery manager during a reboot, attempt a start up repair from the Recovery Manager main screen, select Advanced Options, and then select Microsoft Startup Repair. Click Next And follow the on-screen instructions.​​

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
mardenbda
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue as the pther poster. My HP Envy Curve 34 is 3 months old. I believe it failed on a an automatic Windows Update and now it will not boot from the hard drive. Circles going round and round on the screen - hanging.

I have tried every repair option I can see. System restore did not work. It just hangs on Reset This PC.  I have tried changing BIOS to boot from USB and created a Bootable installation media. It does nothing. I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 from USB 'Windws Setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine. To install Windows restart the installation - this failed twice.

The message hit any key to bypass disk check comes up on booting. I hit any key and the boot just hangs circles going round and round on the screen.' I have also allowed disk check to proceed and it just goes on for hours probably doing nothing. I have tried booting in safe mode - got blank screen.

Running out if ideas here! As I live in Bermuda it is difficult to send this back to HP. I guess I'll try to find someone locally to check hard drive and reload Windows 10 but that will likey affect any waaranty I have.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation