3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Envy 700 won’t boot

Envy 700-027c
Microsoft Windows XP
Hi, cpu was fine one evening, I put it to “sleep” like normal. Next morning it won’t boot, initially stalling at the black HP screen, eventually giving me the “your system did not start properly” blue screen. Help??

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 934
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Envy 700 won’t boot

@MikeintheCouv

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that your computer is not booting up.

As per the specifications this Computer comes with either Windows 8 or 8.1, but you have mentioned the OS as Windows XP.

Please let me know the Operating System installed on this computer and I'll try my best to help you out

Keep me posted

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Envy 700 won’t boot

Sorry about that.....i have Windows 10 Home edition, version 1709.

Craziest thing.  After 3 days of being "dead", my CPU just started working normally again.  I'm responding to you with it now.  

Obviously I now have trust issues with my system here and would like to know what diagnostics I can run to see what might have caused the issue and see what should be replaced, if anything.

Yesterday was spent backing data up to an external drive.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 934
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Envy 700 won’t boot

@MikeintheCouv

Thanks for keeping me posted. I'm glad this issue is sorted out. It seems to have been an issue with Windows 10.

You can check the complete Hardware Functionality by running an Extensive system Test. Please Note this might take few hours.

- Shut down the Computer completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

Hope this helps.

Drop us a Message anytime you need assistance.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Envy 700 won’t boot

Thanks for the help.  Ran the diagnostics test and all passed.  Is my Windows 10 in need of an update?  

Really appreciate you guys being available like this.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 934
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Envy 700 won’t boot

@MikeintheCouv

If all the Tests passed then nothing to worry. The issue was definitely software related. If any updates are needed, Windows will automatically download and install the necessary updates and fixes.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation