1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Error 512 - Rear chassis fan not detected

HP Recommended
Pavilion p6-2466ef
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

So I've been having this little problem for quite a while now, actually years, and it's starting to get pretty annoying. Basically, every time I boot up my computer, the error code "512 - Rear chassis fan not detected" pops up, whichs forces me to press F1 every time I want to boot up my computer. This happened after I upgraded the PSU, in order to use a decent graphics card in my system. I have tried many things, of course obviously reseating the fan connector, using a different fan, switching back to the previous PSU and GPU, using a different case, but absolutely nothing seems to make this message go away. To make matters worse, the BIOS Utility is so locked down, there is just no option to bypass this message whatsoever. I have to add as well that the fan is spinning completely fine when connected to the header, which means that the header itself is fine, at least it makes my fans spin.

Is there any way to disable this message? Or simply a way to trick the BIOS into thinking that the fan is there? I cannot find any BIOS updates anymore for this system, so that ain't an option too..

Thank you very much for anyone who tries to help me, and I wish you a very wonderful day.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation