Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error code 97PNW3-81190K-X87T61-G27U03

HP ENVY 27-p000 All-in-One Desktop PC series (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My mouse and keyboard lag and freeze first thing in the morning about 15 minutes after sleep.  I power off and reboot then it works OK for the rest of the day.  I have to go through this daily but managed to do the diagnostics test when I had the problem.  Running the diagnostics after rebooting reports no problem.

I cannot find where to input the failure code and get help.  Does anyone know what it means please and if it can be fixed please?

Cheers. x

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

What specific hardware diagnostic test yields this error code?

Please refer to this HP document for more information on HP Diagnostics. You can check the logs if you are not sure what test produced the error code.

You would then have to contact HP or a local tech for a fix.

But it sounds like an intermittent wake from sleep problem. This could be a USB hardware driver problem.

You could check your PC's Driver and software download site for for updated USB-chipset drivers. HP makes about 40 different 27-p000 products. You need to use the specific product number to check for Windows 10 driver updates.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

It was the mouse/touchpad pointer test.  We have had problems 3 times before with this computer which, thankfully is still covered by a service pack.  It is tedious though especially given we are otherwise pleased with the product.  We have automatic updated but I will check as you suggest.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had chance to look at this.  Everything tells me my computer is fully up to date.  I still have this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Maybe try different USB ports (USB 3.0 ports instead of USB 2.0 ports).

Or try a different keyboard and mouse.

The error code yields the following results:

Device,

I/O Device

Includes,

Bill Acceptor, Curser Device, I/O Board, Joypad, Keyboard, Mouse, Pen, Strip Reader, Stylus, Touch Button, Touch Pad, Touch Panel.

You may have bad hardware. Back up data if you decide to try the following suggestion.

You can verify a hardware problem (after trying a different keyboard and mouse) by reinstalling the HP factory operating system.

Tom

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation