Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline s5-1310t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer failed to boot. I ran a system check and have error code U4MBHG-000969-QFFX1F-60QE03. What does this mean.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi T_martin,

I can't say for sure.

My guess is if it just hangs and never completes the repair then you have a problem. A completed repair is inconclusive because HP Diagnostics has indicated the HDD is failing.

You need to backup data on this disk as soon as possible if you have not done this.

You have an impending HDD failure.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings T_martin,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Your primary HDD is failing.

You will need to replace this disk.

I hope you have been backing up data on a regular basis.

I suggest you upgrade to a 500 GB or 1 TB 2.5 inch SSD.

You may be able to recover data by removing the HDD from your PC. Then connect the HDD to a different PC as a data drive. Or use a SATA to USB HDD adapter to connect to another PC. But a no boot condition suggests you may not be able to recover data from this HDD.

Regards

HP Recommended

I turned it on and off again. It now has a screen that says "Scanning and repairing drive (C:): 15% complete". It has been there for a while. Is this just giving me false hope or is it really repairing the drive?

HP Recommended

Hi T_martin,

I can't say for sure.

My guess is if it just hangs and never completes the repair then you have a problem. A completed repair is inconclusive because HP Diagnostics has indicated the HDD is failing.

You need to backup data on this disk as soon as possible if you have not done this.

You have an impending HDD failure.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.