Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My computer randomly restarted when I was on it and now it will not boot. Every time I try to turn it on it gets stuck at the message executing post delay. I've tried to access the bios but I press the button and nothing happens. Thank you for support.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Greetings fauzaladeem,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Please provide your HP PC's product number.

The symptoms indicates your PC cannot Power On Self Test. As such, you also cannot enter the BIOS.

Need more information to begin diagnosing the cause.

I would say there is a very good chance you have a hardware problem that is causing this symptom.

You will have to troubleshoot components to find the culprit right down to the motherboard. It is a time consuming process, you may need known good replacement components to do a thorough job.

It is sometimes best to have HP (if in warranty) or a local PC tech take a look when this happens.

Regards

HP Recommended

Product number TRF2210KWQ

I think the problem is the disk storage .. but it is the first time that I do not know what to do even though we have a good clue
But without the seriousness of this time

HP Recommended

التقاط.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi fauzaladeem,

I can't see your image at this time. The HP moderators have to approve the image.

Have you tried running HP Diagnostics?

The prognosis on performing this task does not look good based on your description of the problem.

You should be able to see if the drive is the point of failure if you can run offline diagnostics.

Try disconnecting the HDD and optical drive to see if you get a "No boot disk" error message at startup.

Regards

HP Recommended

هل نفس المشكلة هنا

تم تطبيق خطوات لحل المشكلة ولم تنجح

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-P6-not-responding-at-boot-startup/...

HP Recommended

@fauzaladeem

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Is the same problem here

Steps have been applied to resolve the issue and have not worked

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try running HP Hardware Diagnostics,

Try removing all peripheral devices connected to the desktop. See if you can load the operating system with only a keyboard and mouse connected to the system.

Please describe what steps you have applied to solve the POST delay.

It is very difficult to offer additional suggestions when I don't know what troubleshooting steps you have taken to solve this problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.