Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a factory reset and it started the progress. its already over a day or two now and all i see is a screen where the loading logo is showing. is it normal or something is off or something can be done so i can start using it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> For the recovery  what option should i choose because last time i saw 3 to 4 options.

Restart the "factory reset" from the beginning.

> FYI i dont have any drive or usb to do restore (i didnt have a back up)

The "System Recovery" either is:

* a "hidden" partition on your disk-drive;

* a few DVD disks;

* one USB memory-stick;

Each of these contain the complete "factory reset" software.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

> is it normal

No.

> or something is off

Probably.

> or something can be done

Yes.

Hold down the ON/OFF button, for 15 seconds, until the computer turns off.

Then, turn the computer on, and look for a message like "press <blah> to interrupt normal startup", or "press <blah> to run HP Hardware Diagnostics.

Choose to run those Diagnostics, and run the test for the disk-drive, and for all the other components.

Tell us what it reports.

HP Recommended
I run the test and it's all fine and passed all the test
HP Recommended

> it's all fine and passed all the test.

The good news is that it passed the test.

The bad news is that the test is not "exhaustive".

While it can report that a "bad" disk-drive is "bad", it cannot give you a 100% guarantee that the disk is "good".

So, if you now restart the System Recovery, what happens, and what does not happen?

It would be good to "chart" it, i.e., at 0:15, it starts to read from the DVD (or the USB memory-stick),

at 1:11, it displays a screen showing "blah blah blah", at 2:34, it displays a screen showing "mumble, mumble, mumble", and so on.  Knowing "when" the screen stops updating might be helpful.

Also, watch the front of the computer, for the "disk drive activity LED" -- it is on when the disk-drive is "busy", and off when the disk-drive is "idle".

It might make a boring, but informative, YouTube video, if you could capture that LED and the screen on your video.

HP Recommended

ok sure i will do this on weekend. for the recovery  what option should i choose because last time i saw 3 to 4 options. FYI i dont have any drive or usb to do restore( i didnt have a back up)

HP Recommended

> For the recovery  what option should i choose because last time i saw 3 to 4 options.

Restart the "factory reset" from the beginning.

> FYI i dont have any drive or usb to do restore (i didnt have a back up)

The "System Recovery" either is:

* a "hidden" partition on your disk-drive;

* a few DVD disks;

* one USB memory-stick;

Each of these contain the complete "factory reset" software.

HP Recommended
I did the recovery and it works thx
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.