Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-one 24-b010 Product # V8P37AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion All-in-one 24-b010 Product # V8P37AA

Failed or interrupted BIOS Update Now No Boot 2 long low beeps then 2 high short beeps Black Screen, Beep codes indicate BIOS problem I believe. Plus this all happened during an attempted BIOS update.

I tried to update the BIOS. It never finished. After 10 minutes or so, thinking it was taking too long, I restarted the computer. Big mistake of course. So, I probably killed the BIOS myself. Now nothing but the beeps. I tried everything online for key presses during boot. F2, F10, Windows button and B, Escape, Delete, nothing worked. I get black screen, nothing on screen. Tried the EUFI diagnostic USB but it didn't show up with F2. Have not tried a USB drive BIOS installer because there are four of them available, not to mention the twenty earlier versions, so I don't know which one to try. I cannot get the old BIOS ID or any other information from the all-in-one since it is unable to get me any keyboard response during boot. I want to try one but I'm afraid to try the latest F51 since you cannot go back to an earlier BIOS if it doesn't work. This is a 2017 or 2018 machine. This computer worked fine before my attempt to update BIOS, I just needed to get the built-in camera working. I should have left the BIOS alone even though it was old. I've read many posts so far and tried them all. Thank you so much for any advice you can give.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Have you done an online "chat" with HP Support (a Virtual Agent or a real person)?

Is the HP Warranty still valid?

If not, then, for a fee, the nearest authorized HP Service Center will repair your computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.