12-09-2016 06:26 PM
Turned on the computer the fan in the back of computer speeds up sounds like a jet airplane runs like that for 30 seconds or more than it slows back down.hope someone knows a fix for me.Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-09-2016 06:41 PM
Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!
As far as I know, there is no "fix" for this because basically, that is how some PCs work.
I maintain several different HP and non-HP desktops and most of them behave this same way -- fast fan speed for a few seconds after booting, then slower and quiet.
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
10-15-2019 01:11 PM
My heat sink fan runs normally then occasionally speeds up then runs normally again. Then after awhile it starts all over.
Had the computer for about 2 years and this just started a few months ago.
Is the heat sink the problem or the fan?
10-15-2019 01:41 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!