Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Faulty HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570

HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-a1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Fom purchase the computer has been randomly not starting on boot. I'd originally put this down to not pressing the button properly as I rarely have the screen on prior to pressing the button.

I eventually found it was going to the blue screen on boot and then turning itself off. (see attached picture)

System fan (90B) is the fault code and it's supposedly to do with a fan not operating correctly.

I've had several calls with Hp regarding this problem. So far I've;

- Updated all drivers requested (motherboard ones several times)

- had a HP representative take control of PC and check I had done as asked.

- Had to buy external hard drive as HP said they were going to wipe everything off by re-installing windows and weren't willing to give me any cloud storage or alternative to store my pictures etc.

- had to send the computer off to be diagnosed and repaired (it was diagnosed and they replaced fan with a heatsink and changed fermal paste (apparently)

Through all of this HP refuse to swap the computer or allow me to pay the difference to upgrade it to one that works! This computer was purcahsed directly from HP's website.

I've recently had to dispute the wartrenty as HP do'nt know when it was purchased so told me my warrenty had expired when it still had 2 months left on the 2 month warrenty.

Service has been absolutely terrible. I work out i the field so don't have a base for anyone to collect the computer and Hp won't pay a courier to collect outside of business hours or on weekends. HP also will not allow me to take it to a shop or delivery company directly so I have to find another way of them to collect it.

This is all very disruptive and rediculous in todays world.

I am currrently waiting on HP to confirm a collection date so I can send it back for them to try and fix it a second time. (been waiting 2 days for a respoinse).

This is rediculous to have  a faulty computer for so long. If my Bose headphones were faulty I'd get a replacement straight away. Let alone several phone calls later hours of time wasted.

I just want what i paid for.Error screen on bootError screen on boot

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would tend to think you may have a faulty motherboard if the system fan is spinning. The MB is responsible for detecting system thermals and fan operation.

You stated HP has replaced the fan and the heatsink. This suggests HP replaced the processor cooling system.

I don't interpret a system fan to be connected to the processor. A system fan is usually a chassis fan. I have no idea what failure event (90B) means. I am not a HP tech or a HP engineer.

Replacing the correct failing component with a known good replacement part should solve your problem.

Only HP Support can address component replacement and the other issues you are experiencing. Contact HP Support using email. Describe your issues in detail to get the best response.

HP has a procedure for servicing warrantied components/devices.

Be persistent but cordial. 

Only you can solve this problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Google-search for "download free SPECCY".

Download, install, and run SPECCY.

SPECCY will report:

* temperature of the motherboard,

* temperature of the processor,

* temperature of the disk-drive,

* speed (RPM) of the processor fan (on top of the heat-sink on top of the processor),

* speed (RPM) of the system fan (usually on the inside of the "back" of the case).

Tell us the values.

Power-off the desktop computer, disconnect the AC power, remove the side-panel to expose the motherboard, and visually look for the system-fan and the processor-fan. Both fans should spin freely with a gentle tap on a fan-blade. 

If the fan-blades are "stiff", replace that fan.

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
20,452 15,787 324 1,207
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rzez

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please do not close this thread as solved. (It is not)

It may well be a motherboard problem. (HP should have checked this the first time it went into repair)
However by opening the case myself i believe this voids the warrenty. So that seems a bad idea.
Im currently trying to find a way my neighbour can take the computer to their work so the courier can collect it and HP can attempt to fix the problem again.
I will update the post in a month once it has been returned. Or HP finally decide its not worth either of our time and effort on constanrly sending it back and fourth with no resolve.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> by opening the case myself i believe this voids the warranty. So that seems a bad idea.

Without opening the case, with the computer turned-off, but still connected to AC power, view the back of the outside of computer, where the power-cord connects.  Through the holes in the "grills", you can (barely) see the inside of the power-supply, and the fan-blades of the chassis fan.  You may need a flashlight to see the fan-blades at both locations.

Power-on the computer, and look again, to see if the fan-blades are still stationary, or if the fan-blades are turning.

You should also feel the air-flow being pushed-out from both fans. Correct?

----

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, when you are satisfied, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Rzez,

I did not tell you to remove the side panel.

A HP representative should contact you shortly by personal messaging to assist you.

This thread is not solved. Only you or a moderator can mark this thread as solved.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

*Update*
HP have now missed 2 additional collections as they keep sending the collecrion company to the wrong address.
At what point does this get escalated to someone who can actually do their job?
Or even better a refund and compensation for inconvenience caused and wasted time.
Problem obviously still not solved.

Mdklassen i appreciate your fine efforts. However the computer is in a box waiting for HP to collect it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rzez wrote:
HP have now missed 2 additional collections as they keep sending the collection company to the wrong address.

This is a "user-to-user" forum, not an official path to contact HP.

I doubt that HP operates a courier company -- presumably, they "outsource" that operation.

Please get back in touch with HP, to confirm the address that you gave them, and that HP gave to the courier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for redefining this.

You are correct in saying this is a user to user forum. I am sharing with the wider community my issues. Though HP employees also frequent the forum. So i am makojg them aware more publicly too.

You are also correct in saying HP outsource the operation of courier service and as such will have given the wrong address to the courier company.

If you wish to redefine anything else i say, I'll be happy to agree or disagree with you.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation