Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 21 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried everything to get the touchsmart screen to work in windows 10 for a New- old stock HP Pavilion 21 all-in-one desktop I bought.  It came with windows 8 and everything including the touch screen worked perfectly,  Windows 8 is being phased out so I updated it to windows 10.  After the upgrade the touch screen would not work.  I can drag a desktop icon around and put it anywhere on the desktop, but it wont allow me to double tap to open it.  The screen does fully work in my Firefox browser I can use it all day long in the browser but it wont work on the desktop even when the browswer is open.

I tried all suggestions, I updated the windows 10 and the graphics driver. Yet I can't get the touch screen to work.

My last option is to update the BIOS.  But I can't seem to find one for my computer.  Does anyone know of a flash BIOS for AMI 80.08 3/4/2914 BIOS?

Or if you have already solved an issue like this without me doing a BIOS Flash please let me know.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Chette777

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that after upgrading to windows 10 touchscreen not working, 

Before we begin, Firstly, let's test the hardware:

• Press the power button and then tap the Esc key to invoke the startup menu. In the startup menu press the F2 key to invoke the Diagnostics. Choose component tests and then Touchscreen test.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.