Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fix for latest Windows Update 9-2017

OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Here is a fix and not a temporary fix, ...go to system configuration and under sevices check box that says hide all Microsoft services, then disable all the non microsoft services...click apply...reboot. what this does is insure your doing a clean boot once your machine reboots go get the updates, once all updates are installed (you may have to run updates a few times) then go back to sys-config and again hide all microsoft services ...what I did was enable services by groups and rebbot after each group I enabled (nVidea, HP, Intel ect ect) click apply and reboot....you should now be booting fast once again with no black screens and no services disabled...this worked for me after hours of troubleshooting...sometimes non microsoft services can interfear with updates when enabled....I ran windows update and everything is installed and computer is up to date...I am on a brand new Omen I bought 2 weeks ago...if you have done what was suggested in another  thread  you may have to un-install the updates and re-do them as I have explained, or bite the bullet and just do a clean factory install from HP partition or USB recovery stick you should have created when you got your machinen and follow my instructions so you dont have to disable any services once you get things running like they should

I love Windows 10 but Microsoft needs to work with builders like HP, Dell and other more than they are . All my services both microsoft and non-microsoft are running and my Omen is booting perfect

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fix for latest Windows Update 9-2017

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation