Did you mean: 
EMGABEL
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Frozen computer after Windows 7 update!

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I recently upgraded my old vista computer to windows 7 and when the upgrade completed and it was restarting it freezes at the blue HP screen and won't allow me to use keyboard to bypass the screen. I have shut the computer on and off and it still powers on and is stuck on blue HP screen saying entering setup... F10 ESC f11 f9

Please help!
2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,744 6,728 634 1,516
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings EMGABEL

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Please provide your PC's product number.

Your PC has some history.

Windows 7 does not like something about your hardware. This problem could also indicate you have a hardware problem which is preventing a successful Power On Self Test.

Are you doing the Windows 7 upgrade only using a keyboard, mouse, and monitor?

Regards

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EMGABEL wrote:
1. I recently upgraded my old vista computer to windows 7
2. when the upgrade completed and it was restarting, it freezes at the blue HP screen and won't allow me to use keyboard to bypass the screen.

1. What model-number of HP computer do you have?  Are you saying that the installation rebooted a few times, and seemed to be completely successful?

2. Does the motherboard have a PS/2 port to which you can connect a PS/2 keyboard -- not a USB keyboard?

Are you using a PS/2 keyboard?

If you power-off, then connect a USB keyboard, and power-on, can you press ESC on that keyboard? On the PS/2 keyboard?

Image of the "purple" colour-coded PS/2 keyboard connector.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation