1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

GETTING ERROR WHILE TESTING HARD DRIVE

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I am geeting error while starting machine SMART HARD DISK ERROR 

While i test hard drive test it`s getting failed failure ID is 9E86KD-000982-NH137G-60AA03

Kindly help on this as soon as posible 

1 REPLY 1
Dean
Dean
11,617 11,017 575 1,629
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

GETTING ERROR WHILE TESTING HARD DRIVE

@Balkishan wrote:

I am getting error while starting machine SMART HARD DISK ERROR 

While i test hard drive test it`s getting failed  

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

for SMART -- technology that monitors the "health" of your disk-drive, at over 20 points.

If SMART reports that your disk-drive is in "imminent failure" status, the only remedy is to replace the disk-drive.

There are two methods:

1. purchase a new disk-drive, install Windows, install your programs, copy your personal files from an external backup device (doesn't everyone have one, and have been using it ???), run Windows Update. This can take over a day, just watching Windows & Windows Update "grind" away.

2. use "disk-cloning" software, to copy everything, block-for-block, from the current disk-drive onto a brand-new disk-drive, and then booting from the new disk-drive.  This takes just an hour or two, and all your personal files and all your programs have been installed.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation