Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've pavilion p6-2033mem with foxconn 2ABF cupertino2-uA TX 

and I was looking for a GPU upgrade from Radeon 5450 2GB (working fine with the mbr)

I kept my eye on GTX 750TI ( a nice GPU with a nice Price)

the only issue that im not sure if it's compatible with my MBR and Case 

when i searched for that I found many people with exact same MBR and GPU but their Monitor just freeze or Blanking over and over..

so I need an answer before i buy the GPU, is it going to work? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi CheerBro,

You're very welcome.

MSI made two 750 Ti cards per my previous link that can run on either type BIOS (Legacy or UEFI):

N750Ti TF 2GD5/OC (Link) PSU upgrade required.
N750Ti TF 2GD5 

You can run Nvidia 600 series graphics cards on a Legacy BIOS.

You will probably have to upgrade the factory PSU. The higher powered 600 GPUs require six and/or eight pin PSU connections to power the cards.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I can't find your PC's specs using p6-2033mem. The GTX 750 Ti needs a UEFI BIOS to initialize.

Type "msinfo" in Windows search to run System Information. System Summary will tell you the BIOS version and identify if you have a UEFI BIOS. UEFI BIOS versions start at 8.xx and higher.

MSI made a 750 Ti that can toggle between a Legacy BIO or a UEFI BIOS (Link). This card may be hard to find or may be very expensive.

You may need to upgrade your PSU to a minimum 400 watt part to run the MSI Hybrid BIOS 750 Ti.

Regards

HP Recommended

I really appreciate your answer, Grzwacz 

my BIOS Version is 7.15 and there is update for 7.16 I would say it won't make a different

is that means I can't run 750Ti? ( if I didn't found the version you mentioned)

if the answer is no, then what smiliar graphic card can run?

again, thanks alot for the answer

HP Recommended

Hi CheerBro,

You're very welcome.

MSI made two 750 Ti cards per my previous link that can run on either type BIOS (Legacy or UEFI):

N750Ti TF 2GD5/OC (Link) PSU upgrade required.
N750Ti TF 2GD5 

You can run Nvidia 600 series graphics cards on a Legacy BIOS.

You will probably have to upgrade the factory PSU. The higher powered 600 GPUs require six and/or eight pin PSU connections to power the cards.

Regards

HP Recommended

really useful replys 

thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

Hi CheerBro,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.