Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6-2301sx Desktop PC
Other

Hello, After I bought my pc for 3 years it began do weird things like becoming slower, sometimes shutting itself down after pressing the button until eventually it died.

But when I repaired it, worked for 3 days and I put it away for a while when I tried turning it on again it worked but the only difference is I connected it to the internet the pc worked, the day after that I tried turning it on I discovered that it died again.

Now it works but with a different motherboard (which is the GA-H61M-S2PT) but I plan to repair it but fully working not dying again and put the Gigabyte in a different machine for someone who doesn't play demanding games or do heavy work on it

Here's a few culprits:

1.  Broken CPU Socket Pins

2. A Gray substance on the backside

3. Probably the Capacitors

Please help me if possible, in case if it's not possible tell me what broke exactly

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Sorry, we have no magic powers to diagnose your multitude of problems...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hello, Sorry for the inconsistency.

Will providing photos of the board help?

HP Recommended

@EiadSherif wrote:

Hello, Sorry for the inconsistency.

Will providing photos of the board help?

No, not in the least.   Take it to a repair shop (and be prepared to pay a lot)

I would seriously consider a new computer!

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

Can you tell me how much this will probably cost?

HP Recommended

@EiadSherif wrote:

Can you tell me how much this will probably cost?

No, I cannot!   I am on the other side of the screen from you, possibly on the other side of Earth!

A repair?  A new computer?  That's up to you...   https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop

Regards,

WyreNut

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.