Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy T01-1175xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've seen a number of what appears to be a problem involving sporadic screen freezing and mouse and keyboard becoming inoperable on some of the HP Envy desktop T01-1175xt.  My machine worked great for about the first 3 months then it went to hell with random freezing that could only be remedied with a hard reset.   For 3 weeks the HP techs had me jumping through all the repair hoops from resetting BIOS to the default setting to System reset.  They tried.  Nothing worked.  I've heard that the motherboard needs to be replaced.  But does that fix the problem?  Or just hoping you got lucky.  This is nuts.   Anyone have any insight on what to do next?  Or is there another similar (specs and capacity) HP PC that should be considered?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having a problem with your HP PC.

A system reset should fix the problem unless you have a hardware issue. Have you tried a clean W10 install (Link) to see what happens? You better backup data before doing a clean installation. A clean install will reformat the HDD or SSD.

I can't comment on a MB issue. The problem could be caused by any component connected to the MB in addition to the MB.

Then pursue a hardware problem with HP tech support if a clean W10 install does not fix the problem.

You should be in warranty.

A systemic MB hardware problem will not be resolved by replacing the motherboard unless HP has corrected the issue by manufacturing a board revision to address the possible problem. 

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I've already done a clean reinstall of W 10.   Problem persists.  And I always back up my data.  You're correct.  I'm still in the warranty period.  The repair center advised that they want to replace the motherboard.  And you're correct again.  Unless the specific problem is fixed this is a hail mary attempt.  It appears HP is attempting to fix the symptom in the hopes that the problem gets fixed.  Because they most likely can't figure out what the specific problem is.  So every time the machine gets powered up you wait to see if the problem manifests itself.  Can't operate that way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.