Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One (22-3107nb )
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

My parent's computer makes a beep code everytime it boots. I know it's some code to let me know which error occured and I've been googling for some time but I can't find any information about the beep code. I hear 3 long beeps followed by 4 short beeps and this is repeated two times. Does anyone know what this means?

The product code of the computer is 22-3107NB, ask me if you need extra information.

Thanks for your help!

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@thomasae97,

Thank you for posting this on HP Support Forums!

As you have mentioned in your post the computer won't boot and it make a beep sound. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

In this scenario, I would suggest this could be a possible hardware failure. However, I would suggest you follow the steps suggested in the support document for - 

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10, 😎

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

According to 3 long beeps and 4 short beeps this could be due to - The system board displays a power failure. 

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would recommend you contact our HP support team for available service related options.

HP support team can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

I'm sure they will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge and if the product is out of warranty, there would be charges for the repair.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

The computer still boots normally after the beep code, that's not the problem. I wasn't clear about that, sorry... The beep sounds are just annoying when it boots. Can this be caused by a recent power cut in our hometown? The computer is ussually in sleep mode and about two weeks ago there was a power cut at night.

The computer is out warranty since february 2018. I can't find any information on how to contact HP on the link you provided. I just want to call someone without having to buy technical support, how difficult can it be?

HP Recommended

@thomasae97,

I am responding on behalf of @Jeet_singh as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the information.

As you have mentioned that the computer is booting to Windows, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

If you want to speak to someone then you need to support contact and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with the tech support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey

Thanks for your reply. In the meantime I've reached out to HP Support on Twitter and they brought me in contact with HP Support from Belgium. Now I'm waiting for their reponse, so I think this thread can be closed. I think that I'll get the solution faster if I'm in contact with the Belgian support team. But I thank you all for your help.

Greetings

Thomas

HP Recommended

@thomasae97,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.