Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-q105a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP desktop AIO HP 23-q105a, was staying on BIOS screen for ages with the following error

"Management Platform (ME) in Manufacturing Mode

Executing POST delay

Press the ESC key for startup menu"

There is a good 2-3 min wait before the computer starts to boot.

How do I clear this error.

I've searched the forums but not solution or suggestion has worked. the only recommendation is to take it to a HP dealer for them to run a quick "tool" to fix the issue.

I'm an IT consultant & was recommending HP to my clients (for Windows PC's) but this issue and a few clients machines going bad in the last 2 years when within the 1st year / warranty is making me doubt whether I should consider another brand !

Hoping someone can help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MacManInOz Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting Management Platform (ME) in Manufacturing Mode Executing POST delay

Press the ESC key for startup menu error.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please update the ME drivers and check.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96325.exe

Also, please update the BIOS.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I get the following error re ME update

Error 8193: Fail to load MEI device driver (PCI access for Windows)
Above error is often caused by one of below reasons:
Administrator privilege needed for running the tool
ME is in an error state causing MEI driver fail
MEI driver is not installed

HP Recommended

@MacManInOz

I understand your concerns.

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

1. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

1. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  2. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  3. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows is up to date

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.