Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
all in one

At start up I get a red screen - SECURE bOOT vIOLATION - Invelid signature detected , check secure boot policy in set-up

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I have previously seen this problem in the forum. Offered advice but never received any feedback if the advice was helpful.

The possible cause could be:

BIOS problem with Secure Boot keys,

You have added new hardware, or

You are booting to, or have connected, unsigned boot media in a USB port.

Use this (Link) to see if you can fix the problem per the following troubleshooting steps:

-Try resetting the BIOS to defaults. Located on the main BIOS Menu under (File).

-Try disabling Secure Boot and enabling Legacy Support. Located in the Security Menu, Secure Boot Configuration.

-Try clearing HP's Secure Boot Keys. Located in the Security Menu, Secure Boot Configuration.

Remove any USB device connected to the PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

This seems to have moved me closer ,  I know get this screen , but ig goes no further ?WIN_20190915_22_49_54_Pro.jpgWIN_20190915_22_49_54_Pro.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Buddavid,

Well , this usually means your PC cannot POST.

You are trapped at the HP logo.

I think you have a BIOS/motherboard problem, (or a component connected to the motherboard), or a peripheral USB device connected to the PC, or possibly a power supply problem. Yes, power supplies can cause strange behavior.

The only other thing I would try is to shut down and disconnect from AC power.

Disassemble the system in a static-free environment.

Remove the CR2032 battery.

Let the PC sit for about 15 minutes.

Reverse this process. Try to start the system again.

No joy means HP service or a reputable, local, PC tech has to check this to find the problem.

No other way to help in a forum.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.