Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 4300 SFF Won't Boot if DIMM Channel B XMM1 is populated

HP 4300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP 4300 SFF Won't Boot if DIMM Channel B XMM1 is populated; can't even get to the BIOS. It boots to W7 fine if only DIMM Channel A XMM3 is populated. My attempt was to place 4GB DDR3 in A and 2GB in B but no boot. Thinking the 2GB stick was perhaps bad, I placed it in A with nothing in B - it booted fine. So, both sticks are good and both allow a boot if either is placed in A. Thinking that perhaps Channel B is bad on the motherboard, I purchased another mb that was pulled from a fully functional 4300. Same issue: it won't boot if anything is in B. So, it appears that I have working memory sticks and a working mb; thus, I don't know what to do next. Any help will be most appreciated.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation