Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 460-p001no DT PC NRL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All
I have tried to upgrade my HP 460-p001no with a brand new Crucial MX500 SSD250GB. When disconnecting the original SATA HD and connecting the SSD, nothing happens. PC is stocked, with no acces to BIOS. No chance of adding the SSD or change the BOOT drive in BIOS. What to do ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have seen this issue on certain HP consumer PCs. Never saw a solution.

The only thing I could suggest is trying a HP 2.5 inch SATA SSD.

Amazon has purchase options in varying capacities at this (Link).

No guarantees this is the fix but a HP 2.5 inch SATA SSD should work with your PC. You would have to contact HP for assistance if HP retail products don't work in HP PCs.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.