cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 550-153w Beep Code

HP Recommended
HP 550-153w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently had trouble getting my desktop to boot and have gotten to the stage of a beep code(3 long, 2 short.) Here is what I know and have done so far:

1.PC powers on, both fans are running. Monitor won't show anything. 

2. I didn't replace anything when this issue first happened, all original parts when this issue occurred.

3. I have replaced the power supply and that didn't do anything, same beep code came out eventually.

4. I have replaced the RAM with 2x 8G PNY DDR3 1600 MHZ(pc3-12800). Same beep code.

5. Ive tried locating a CMOS reset location but I can only find the CMOS•PW spot. For good measure, I've tried re-seating that but nothing.

I only have the monitor, mouse, and keyboard plugged in. When I power it on, everything comes on from the tower just nothing on the monitor but it takes a while to get to the beep code. Any ideas on where to look next?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 2
36 23 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I have also started to get a similar issue. Started about two months ago - switch PC on, starts, but no display on monitor, then sometimes resuming from sleep does the same and now sometimes not always I get the three long lights, two shorts lights. No one seems to be able to help - so if you can get an answer that would help me as well. Mine is only 6 months old and is an HP ENVY Desktop.

Keith

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keith,

After taking this in to a local repair shop, I got the unfortunate news that they too were getting the same issues I was. Best answer they could give me was a failing or failed motherboard or CPU. In either case, a fix that just wasn't worth it considering the low quality of this build and the cost for a similar motherboard or cpu would be the same that I paid when I bought this. 

Thankfully the hard drive is still intact so I can just plug it in to a new PC. My hope now is to just use the same chassis and build my own instead of getting a pre-built piece of junk that even HP can't fix. 

Jose

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
36 23 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. Sorry to hear they could not repair your PC. Mine is in warranty, and so Currys must repair or replace.

Keith

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation