cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AKJNB
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 595-0074 unexpectedly shuts down...Support very difficult to reach!!!

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 595-0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New HP595-0084 works fine..then when it's moved slightly, nudged really... ie. when plugging in a USB device the computer, the computer shuts off and does not power on when turned on. Eventually it comes on after many attempts to turn on.

I have updated BIOS to F.12, Windows etc.

Virtual Assistant is no help. I got a case # online, tried calling Support...was on hold for 1 hr...heard the agent say "hello", then was disconnected...incredibly frustrating...sitting on hold again, but will have to hang up shortly since I have no idea when they'll be available.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AKJNB,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.. I understand you are having issues with the PC shuts down randomly, Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Does the PC shuts down due to overheating?

Have you checked if the PC shuts down in Bios?

Did you try to run any test on the computer from F2?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the Desktop:

Step 1: 

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Step 2: ​​​​Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if it shuts down.

1. Turn off your computer
2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly

Once you are in the BIOS, leave the  computer in the Bios screen for a while and check if it stays ON or does it shuts down. If the laptop shuts down even in the Bios it is likely a hardware failure.

If the laptop stays on in the Bios, I would suggest you try these steps here: HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation