1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6005 PRO microtower

HP 6005 PRO microtower
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

my hp 6005 pro microtower in

replace dead CMOS battery and configure BIOS settings ...

and first F1 save option and i press but next F10  and automatic restar pc and not start pc and desktop on only HP invent show and next not start my pc

HELP ME ........

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 6
721 699 9 58
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6005 PRO microtower

I cant quite follow all that.

sorry

what started all this what was the problem.?  at get go?

then you put in a new coin. battery,  a good idea but not a panacea ,

if the PC clock can not keep time , this battery is it.

if the PC can not hold (save) BIOS settings, the battery can be it. for sure.

if the PC keeps telling you CMOS RAM errors, CRC or checksum errors, this COIN went dead,  ever 5 to 7 years.

end coin. swap.... then.....

next is to reset the pc.  go to bios page, that says set bios to system defaults, next , this puts BIOS back to day 1 status.

now it can boot. properly, (can boot, not will, will takes good HDD and OS ok.)

it can boot to , mine has  F9 key to boot to any of this on the fly (power on choices)

1 the main HDD, or SSD

2: the CD Rom driver or DVD rom drive , boot to any OS you can imagine. vast.  Linux live is smart first test here.

3: boot to any USB stick memory ,with say linux on there. or MS windows 7, PE live there ...

you are at failed to boot. NOW,  PC was made in 2009...  so is getting long in tooth... but is fully supported at hp.

you never said what OS this is , windows what ? XP, Vista. W7,.8,10? be real nice to know that.... to the helper...!!

the HDD will not boot. for many reasons. 

1: it's bad. We tests HDD first always, using Linux. boot disk DVD or USB stick.

2: if not bad , the F11 key will work,  power on, hammer the F11 key and the OS reloads, (called HP recovery.

2b: pick recover , fix start up files first.  then full recover is this fails.

3: if the F11 key is dead, means someone erased the HP recovery partitions,  then you need an HP recovery disks.

here is your page on recovery

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

I am not HP, and I am fully retired since 2009 from this industry. older than dirt,
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation