Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP AF005AX Laptop F10 Boot Menu Do not show

Example: Pavilion AF005AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Every time My Hp Laptop model AF005AX do not show me F10 Boot menu. It just show me F2 Menu for Memory and bard disc check menu but do not show Boot menu like F9 AND F10. I ALREADY CHECK AND REMOVE MY MEMORY FROM Slot 1 to slot 2. Check My new HDD but boot Menu do not come. What can i do now?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,247 6,228 313 457
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AF005AX

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Did you try to update the bios and check if it work's?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

As I said earlier, follow this link https://hp.care/2JGEbFy and update the bios. Once done, re-start the notebook and check if it work's. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Laptop shows only F2 menu but do not show me F10 boot menu. F2 only memory cleaner but not other options show so that how can I repair Bios update?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AF005AX

It looks like you were interacting with Barachiel, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I understand that you are still unable to get to F10 even after updating the BIOS.

I suggest you disable the Secure Boot and check if that helps

1. Turn off the computer completely.

2. Turn on the computer by pressing the Power button and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.

3. When the Startup Menu displays, press F10 to select BIOS Setup.

Startup Menu

4. Use the right arrow key to choose the System Configuration menu, use the down arrow key to select Boot Options, and then press Enter.

Boot Options selection in the System Configuration window

5. Use the down arrow key to select Secure Boot, press Enter. Then use the down arrow key to modify the setting to Disabled, and press Enter.

Image: Secure Boot

6. Use the up and down arrow keys to select Legacy Support, press Enter to change the setting to Enable and then press Enter again.

Image: Legacy Support

7. Use the left and right arrow keys to select Yes on the confirmation window and press Enter to enable Legacy Support.

8. Use the down arrow key to select a device in the Legacy Boot Order menu, and press F5 and F6 to move the device down or up.

Image: Legacy Boot Order

9. Press F10 to accept the changes, use the left arrow key to select Yes, and press Enter to Exit Saving Changes.

10. As soon as the computer starts, a message might display indicating that the boot mode has changed. If this message displays, type the four-digit code displayed in the message, and then press Enter to confirm the change. 

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04784866

If the issue persists, please contact our Phone Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Click on "Continue as guest". 
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Click on "Show Options". 
Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation