Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
God Scott
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello! Thank you for even reading this and taking your time to try and help!

So yesterday my computer cut off out of nowhere came back on something was wrong with the boot, PC needs repair. So okay before I can even try to fix it, I cut it off and tried to turn it on!

The computer wouldn’t come on! The light blinks as If its coming on, then it fades out! So I opened the back up and tried it again, to see whats wrong with it. The CD player was making a noise. The Fan came on for about 5 secs and cut off, same time as the light blink. (Once)

It worked completely fine yesterday can someone tell me the problem! My grandma paid alot of money I just want to fix it before she finds out! HELP!?
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
Product name is - HP ALL IN ONE 20-R013W
HP Recommended
I’ve tried resetting the bios! unplugging it pressing the power button for a couple seconds. The last time was a few days ago monday actually! I haven’t updated the computer forever. I’ve downloaded sims though
HP Recommended
Also the updated wouldn’t never go through, itll undo itself everytime
HP Recommended

@SierraScott602

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand your concern and The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Okay the computer button is on now, but absolutely no display! the fan is working but the screen, keyboard and mpuse fail to work now! Please help!
HP Recommended

@SierraScott602

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Going by the symptoms you've presented,

It's possible this is a bios corruptions, hence try the below steps:

To recover an earlier version of the BIOS on your PC:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

3. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, please Contact HP to have the device either repaired/replaced :

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I need help my hp laptop does wanna go on the power button isn't working oddly an when I charge the laptop like now it still doesn't wanna go on the light is showing where I insert the charger caple help please
HP Recommended

@Chervon_vonny

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand your device is no longer powering on,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

• is it safe to assume you've already attempted the steps we've advised the other users?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 
    • (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, I have this problem as well.

When we first got the machine, right out of the box it happened! We unplugged it for atime, plugved it in and it worked. Now, we have the same ussue but nothing works.

I have tried the above steps but the power light does not even flicker!

There is a white light above the power cord so I know there is power to the PC.

Any ideas, please? Getting desperate here...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.