Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

According to the HP beep code page:

Hardware
The system board displays a power failure (crowbar).*
Indicates potential power system failure.
  1. Reduce to minimum config (CPU, System board, PSU, 1 DIMM of memory) and isolate failed component.
  2. Reduce further if issue persists.
  3. Test known good PSU.
  4. Replace affected component.
  5. If unable to confirm source, replace CPU, System Board, PSU.

However, the All-In-One unit uses an external power brick and no internet PSU.  I have used 3 separate bricks and they all result in the same 3.4 beeps.  I have removed everything from the motherboard except the CPU fan and the speakers yet still 3.4 beeps.  When I completely remove the memory I end up with the:

Hardware
The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from memory initialization.
Indicates potential memory failure.
  1. Reseat memory.
  2. Correct memory configuration (correct DIMM placement and size/type matching).
  3. Test with known good memory.
  4. Replace affected component.

Since this is an All-In-One where should I go from here?  There is nothing obvious I should do.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Do you have one memory module or two?
If you have two, try one at a time.

Otherwise, I'd say your mainboard is dead. 😞

HP Recommended

I have two memory modules, 4GB each and I have moved them around between the slots together and individually and this has changed nothing.  So, I purchased a known good replacement motherboard and I still get the exact same beeps.  Any other ideas?  Maybe I need to try all new memory?

HP Recommended

Weird... Doubtful that BOTH ram sticks are faulty, Also doubtful that an Intel CPU is faulty. DId you get any kind of power surge prior to the unit failing? If you did, that could have blown the CPU and RAM. I've had a power surge kill a dual xeon cpu setup.

Also are you using a HP branded 65w power adapter?

Also check there are no bent pins in the CPU socket. I seen it before where you just get POST beeps when there's a bent pin.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.