Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC suddenly loses power, screen goes black, power on indicator goes out. Power has not been interrupted as in switched off, blackout. Immediately press1ng power on button and the PC boots normally. Checking Event Viewer immediately after restart I see the following Critical Error.

Critical 25/02/2021 11:21:37 AM Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Critical 20/02/2021 2:36:13 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Critical 27/09/2020 9:43:16 AM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Any ideas please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would look at the external power supply if this connection to the PC is secure. Or you have a power supply jack problem which is a motherboard issue.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Since posting here I have been able to get in touch with HP Support, though I must say mountain climbing would probably be easier!

Have worked through the problem with them and it is their "educated guess" after working through their check list that the problem probably is as  you have suggested, in the power supply unit, which is an external unit similar to that used with a laptop. As the PC is still in warranty they are sending aa replacement power supply so when it arrives. The problem is odd in that it is intermittent and exactly as if the power had been switched off at the wall outlet, no warning, just sudden power loss, the power indicator light on front of PC extinguishes. Odd as in that pressing the power on button results in the PC booting up as normal.

I had wondered if the power unit had an internal thermal overload which was faulting however HP Support tells me that it does not have a thermal overload.

I hear you re motherboard. Will try the new power supply when it arrives and see if the problem has gone, if not perhaps motherboard overheating?

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

Forgot to add, yes the connection should be secure, active antivirus/anti-malware software, and connect via a VPN.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.