Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP All in One Keeps blinking

HP 2A027C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer keeps flashing on and off.  If I am in the middle of using File Explorer or look for something, it flashes and I have to start all over again.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 11
3,327 3,319 281 665
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wrong forum, this is the workstation/busnieness forum

you have a Desktop All In One please post your question  in that forum

you might also want to edit your post to include the Model of your AIO as your current post description is rather incomplete

a better listing would look like this :  

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a027c (Touch)

Desktop video display and touch,   Forum link:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/bd-p/TouchSmartPC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It’s not a monitor issue.  It an HP 27 all in one hardware issue. The system keeps refreshing on it’s own every 30 seconds or so. It will not let anything install!  Every time it refreshes, it “blinks”.  This started last week on Sunday  when I installed the HP update that I received to improve my performance.  Grrr!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
3,327 3,319 281 665
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you most likely do not have a hardware issue, but rather a software issue, this can be tested/confirmed by booting into safe mode and then performing a system restore

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The computer would not allow the restore. I had to to a complete Windows 10 install.  This wiped out all my programs!  My data is still there, but I can’t use them because I have no software applications to open them. I reinstalled the printer, but still cannot get the printer’s HP fax feature (which is part of the all-in-one feature that came with the printer) to install. I was told to call support for assistance, BUT they will want to charge me for this because the printer is out warranty.  Why should I have to pay for something that HP caused?  I’ve already paid for this 100 times over with stress & time spent & still need to spend, getting my computer fully working again. Thanks HP for the bad update that corruption all my registry files & caused all my problems! Computer was working perfectly until I did the update that I was sent telling me it would improve the performance of my device.  GRRRR!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
3,327 3,319 281 665
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

since i can't see your system and have no experence with it there is no way for me to say what caused your problems, however,..........

your not really going to want to hear this, but i've been in the "IT"  fileld for over 15 years and know first hand that most people blame the Hardware or the software, when it's usually the human factor causing the problems, and this is normal since most people simply assume that the last update or whatever was the cause, when it most likely was not

either way, simply take a deep breath relax and try resolving the remaining issues.... in the long run it really dosent matter who or what caused the problem, what matters is fixing it so you can use it again

ok, you did a OS restore that reinstalled the operating system but left your documents and data folders intact, correct?

how did you install the applications the first time, and why is reinstalling said apps not possible now?

if you tell us which HP AIO printer model you have, we might be able to help you with the fax issue

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation