Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One- 20-r013w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP All-in-One - 20-r013w. It's always had a few problems and I bought the thing brand new. But it won't turn on now, and it hasn't for at least three weeks. When I press the power button the light turns on, I head a very faint sound of the comupter starting up. Its barely audible, and then it just fades out to nothing. Ten seconds or so later the power light turns off all on its own. A few seconds after that it turns back on by itself and the whole process starts all over again. During all of this the screen remains completely black, there isn't even a flicker. 

I have tried all of the trouble shooting tutorials I can find but Nothing has worked. I have unplugged it and done the factory reset of holding int he power button (which doesn't make sense to me since it's unplugged but I did it several times anyway). I made sure the outlet worked, which is does because it's been plugged into this outlet for a while now. I disconnected all parts of the power cord then reconnected it.

I think I might need to do something with theh BIOS, but I don't knwo how. When the computer is on for those 10 seconds or so I have tried pressing the F10 or the Esc keys in hopes something would help and I could get any screen at all, but nothing works. The keyboard doesn't even light up and I don't think the computer is even registering it as being plugged in.

Additional information you might need is my OS. I have Windows 10. I am not use what kind, I think it is 64 bit so that's what I put on the form here. There are no blinking lights or any other sounds other than the faint sound I already mentioned, and the power light wich remains steady until the unit shuts itself off again. I can't think of anything I might have left out but please if more information is needed let me know.

Any help would be greately appreciated, thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This symptom points to a external power supply problem or a motherboard problem.

There is no easy fix.

You may be out of warranty (your PC has a 2015 birth date).

I suggest you have a local, reputable PC Tech have a look.

A power supply problem may be possible to fix by getting a replacement power supply. A motherboard problem may not be fixable unless you can find a replacement motherboard online. Or the local PC tech may be able to find this component.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply. When you say Power supply problem do you mean that is could have something to do with the power adapter itself?

HP Recommended

Hi GoddessTripp,

Yes, the external power adapter may have failed.

Try starting your PC with only a keyboard and mouse. Try different USB ports.

You could also have a short in a USB port. Or a USB device could be in trouble.

The possible causes are endless.

Regards

HP Recommended

Grzwacz,

I will try that. Thank you for your help. I think I will still need to take it in, but I hope I won't.

Thank you agian for your help and suggestions!

HP Recommended

Hi GoddessTripp,

You're very welcome.

All in One PCs have components integrated on the motherboard.

You have to replace the motherboard if a component fails unless the external power supply has failed.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.