Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am experiencing the EXACT same issue that this user reported here with the EXACT same model computer:

HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014 Bricked after Bios Update through HP

EDIT: Apparently at least two other people have had the exact same problem. (HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014 Bricked after Bios Update throu... - HP Support Community - 6510428)

I am trying to get my friend's HP office computer touch screen fixed, and one of the suggestions was to make sure the BIOS is up to date. I went to flash the BIOS using sp73867.exe . I ran the exe and it did its thing (my mouse also froze, like this user's did) and the exe closed without any further dialog windows and then a few minutes later said the computer was about to restart in 180 seconds.

When the computer restarted, a blue screen said "hard disk (3f0) error". After that, it kept saying hard disk not found and was trying to do a pxe boot. I went into boot settings and the hard drive is recognized, but not listed in boot order. Notably, the BIOS shows that it is updated to A0.07 Rev.A (the newest BIOS update, which clearly is corrupt).

I have tried to revert back to the previous BIOS using the recovery option described here (power off, Windows + B/V). The machine did a number of beeps but nothing ever displayed on the screen. Like previous user, I then tried using the same exe on another PC (per instructions on same site) to create a recovery media and boot from that. Like previous user, it installed it on that computer (entirely different model HP) without giving me the option to do "Create Recovery USB flash drive", forced it to restart, but thankfully did not corrupt the BIOS on that one. 

So now I have no way to restore the previous BIOS unless I can find another BIOS recovery tool.

The fact that this has been replicated by me with the exact same issues, cause, and product, this is very frustrating and HP owes an explanation and fix. Unfortunately, this computer is well out of warranty (produced in 2015/2016).

Any help appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I  don't know why, but it appears by some miracle I have gotten past this issue. I had to go into secure boot settings, disable secure boot, enable support for legacy boot, and then ensure that legacy boot was enabled for boot startup. This makes absolutely no sense...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I  don't know why, but it appears by some miracle I have gotten past this issue. I had to go into secure boot settings, disable secure boot, enable support for legacy boot, and then ensure that legacy boot was enabled for boot startup. This makes absolutely no sense...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.