Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion All in one PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Power button one the back is lightend up, no problems with the wires, the button pressed in several times no results at all

Is this a known problem do i do something wrong ??

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat

AND/OR - Power on your PC, press Esc (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

AND/OR - Windows Logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B
(This key sequence actually restarts you graphics drive(W10 only).)

AND/OR - If you’re using multiple displays, try projecting video to a different monitor.
Press the Windows Logo key + P, select a display, and then press Enter.

HP Recommended

Thanks but these solutions do not work.

I hear nothing at all when pressing the power button, also after the 15 seconds and repaet, there is nothing at all.........

HP Recommended

Hi

So apart from the stable light on the power on button, you have nothing else showing or working?

The ESC and F2 diagnostic test would not run after re-connecting the power cable?

HP Recommended

Thats right, the light at the back is on, the cable has been disconneted and put in again.

normaly you hear a sound that the device is starting up, no it is as dead as it can be.

Have read somewhere that the power button could bring problems, but i don not like to open the device myself.

thanks for the help by the way !!!!!

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.