Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP All-in-one beep question?

HP All-in-one, 23-q113w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently aquired a non-working HP All-in-one No. 23-q113w.  When I turn on the power theres a beep code 3 long beeps, 4 short beeps. I get 5 sets of these beeps before HP logo comes up, but Windows doesn't start. The prior owner told me he replaced the battery as this sometimes fixes the problem, it didn't. I got the bios to reload by holding down the windows key and the V key but still doesn't boot up. I removed both memory cards and reinstalled them, they seem to be properly seated. I removed the hard drive and reseated it, it seems to be properly seated. I recieved a message that the date and time were wrong so I was able to get into the Bios and fix that. I simply used the default settings in Bios for boot sequence etc because I have no clue what else to use.  Was able to run fast test on Processor Check it passed, wireless module check passed,system board check passed, hard drive short Dst check passed, componet test passed,touch pointer passed, video memory test passed, web cam passed wireless module check passed.  DPs self-test, Test 1: passed. I was too impatient for test 2.  I tried resetting computer by deleting user files method but it spun for over an hour stating Resetting this PC 1% without progressing. So I'm currently trying to reset back to factory setting deleting everything but doesn't seem to be working.  Thanks in advance for any help! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought a new power adapter which made my  beeping stop. The original must have been weak! Still trying to reset this PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,296 2,008
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @ArielWayne, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have issues performing recovery on your PC the recovery is stuck at 1%.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

As you mentioned after changing the power adapter the beeping on your PC has stopped and now you have issues performing a recovery on your PC.

Since the hard drive test on your PC has passed. It looks like operating system files on your PC has got corrupted.

Please try performing a complete system recovery, using the recovery discs.

If you don't have a set of recovery discs. Please contact HP support and order a set of recovery discs.

Link to contact HP.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a complete system recovery on your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation