Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a Desktop Mini PC that is "HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF". It has core i7-3770 with default Intel HD 4000 graphics.  Sata SSD and HDD, a DVD writer and 8GB DDR3 ram.
Here is the Issue (You can also watch short video)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RAmLZBREbRXG5ed3xjEyPjnXd-CMtk6f/view
As soon as I plug the AC power cord, it automatically powers on and give 5 beep sound and Front Panel LED lights. There is 1 beep every 1 second, so total 5 beeps. The Power LED is green as the PC turns on and doesn't goes off. The HDD LED is Green as the Beep starts and goes off as the beep sound stops. NOTE: The HDD led is on only during beep sound but it doesn't blink, it's just stable. There is no red light. After approx 30 seconds the CPU FAN starts making noise and goes to max speed. 
Troubleshooting I have done
If I remove all RAM, or install one by one then also no difference in beep pattern. I have another PC exactly same model. So I exchanged power supply vice versa but it's same issue. I removed heat sink and clean thermal paste and put new paste but same issue. I also tried disconnecting cables but same issue. I have almost tested all components except CPU and Motherboard.
My City Climate

mt-05-55b5d177014cd_l_835x547.jpg I live on a Hill Station and it's 4000 feet above sea level and in Rainy Season there is fog everywhere. Issue started when the fog entered into my Computer. It may seem funny but I saw fog going inside PC. How can I remove moisture? I tried hair dryer and PC worked for 1 hour then again same issue. Now it doesn't matter how much hot air I give in Computer.

Thanks a lot in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I tested the processor also, it's working fine. I swapped this PC processor with the other HP 8300 SFF PC and it's working fine. But still the Computer has exactly same beep issue. So till now Processor, RAM, Power supply are all tested and working fine. I think the issue is with Motherboard sadly.  But if the Motherboard is faulty then why would it give beep sounds? Also if I remove processor then motherboard gives red color led blinks with beep sounds. So it seems motherboard is fine but have some RAM sensor or other component issue.

HP Recommended

Hi, ¿Have you been able to solve the problem? I have the same computer model and the same drawback. I was thinking of putting a new thermal paste on it but apparently it is not the solution according to what he says.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.