Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Desk Top 500-214 Now won't boot up. 5 short beeps continuing 5 times

500-214
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

My desk top has been working fairly well but it is not used for 7 mos.  When I turned it on 10 days ago it seemed to operate fine and did its Windows Updates. Not when I try to turn it on, I get a LED white light followed by 5 short beep. It cycles 5 or 6 times then the beeping stop and light stays on but doesn't start up. I tried several suggestions from HP Virtual Asst. but still won't start. When I went into the diagnostics it said 5 short beeps is a minor issue rather and 2 long and 3 short. Any suggestions?  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,576 14,539 633 702
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Beamer2

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue,
Firstly, let's run Hard Reset:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

3. Unplug the Power adapter from the computer.

4. For most laptops and desktop computers, press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to reset. (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for the reply but I did try that and it did not work. After trying HP told me to use the support[forum for a solution. Who else can I contact to resolve this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation