Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Desktop 503-023 getting 90B system fan error

Pavilion 580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've seen this posted in the "notebook" section, but I'm having the same problem with a brand new desktop. I have had it less than a week and I'm getting the 90B system fan error. According to what I can find on this website, the problem is specific to a notebook computer. I have a desktop PC. Also, I am fairly knowledgeable of PC's and components. The fan appears to be operating normally and I've monitored temperatures and all are well within normal ranges, even under load. 

There is zero visible dirt in the case, so it's not that (again it's less than a week old). I have checked for a bios update and that does not solve the issue. All the cables are secure and plugged in. 

The problem is intermittent and I can manually move past the error, but I'm concerned there is an issue that's just not manifesting itself in a noticeable way yet.

Any suggestions on how to solve this? I've seen this problem posted many times, but not for a new computer, or more specifically a new desktop.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Desktop 503-023 getting 90B system fan error

> I'm having the same problem with a brand new desktop.

> I have had it less than a week

> Any suggestions on how to solve this?

HP is not a "fly-by-night" company, selling computers off the tailgate of a truck in a parking-lot.  :LaughingTears:

Instead, HP provides a warranty for your computer.

Scroll-down this web-page, to see:

About us
Contact HP
Careers
Investor relations
Sustainability
Newsroom
The Garage

and click "Contact HP", to open a support-case.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation