Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline 270-a016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well first of all i bought a grade A refurbished HP computer 4 months ago from newegg  and had only one problem with the dedicated gpu at first which i solved quickly the first day it arrived and didnt have any problem since then.

2 weeks ago i left the computer running while i was asleep and when i woke up i noticed the computer turned off itself then i tried to turn it on and nothing happened... I checked the ac adapter and it was hot and leaking a black liquid from the sides so i removed it from the wall instantly. I checked the HP motherboard in case something was wrong and it seems to be everything in order. Today i bought this new AC adapter AC Doctor INC 19.5V 4.62A 90W AC Adapter Charger Power Supply Cord for Dell Laptop Computer PA-10 PA... which is not the original but meets all things to make it work.

I plugged in the new adapter and it indicates as soon as i plug it a green led light which blinks only once and then dissapears. Tried to power on with the button and dont turn on. Already tried to hold the button 10s, clean the cmos, took off the bios battery and put it on again, switch the ram module between sockets and of course different walls.

What should i do next?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LemonceteZ

First off, we have no way of diagnosing hardware problems from here, so there is no way we can assist in finding out the cause of the problem.

Second, a faulty AC adapter can introduce elecrical charges that can damage or fry a motherboard -- and we have no way of testing for that.

Third, since you bought this refurbished, any warranty and support comes from the supplier of the equipment, not HP.

Thus, any diagnostics, testing, or repair by HP would be done entirely at your expense.

For repair estimates, you would need to contact an HP Repair or Service Center.
If you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/hp-hewlett-packard/hp-hewlett-packard-service-center.htm
If you live outside the U.S., here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center
Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.