Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Similar case here.... My Envy 34 A010 has been happily running on a Samsung EVO 850 SSD  for the last 3 years.  Yesterday, I stupidly updated the BIOS from version A0.12 Rev.A to version A0.13 Rev.A.  My computer now no longer boots and get stuck at the HP logo.  I have spent hours trying to rollback to the previous BIOS but it turned out that HP HAS DISABLED THE ROLL BACK FEATURE on this machine.  How can they possibly take out SSD support in a BIOS update??? I was able to restart the machine form the original conventional drive but it is so slow that it makes the machine almost unusable.  Anyone managed to roll back the driver on an Envy 34 A010?  There is little information if any on this on HP support pages.  I did try the various methods described here but I always end up with a message saying that the BIOS version is not valid.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@telecam

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Barachiel is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the required information's,

Good Luck. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was already forced today to subscirbed to 1-year of HP tech support ($200...) to get to talk to someone on the phone.  Awful experience, tech pretty much had no clue and was unable to rollback the BIOS to the previous version. After a long phone at the front end to set me up for paid support I am now being asked to send the computer for repair, really?   HP support has became really bad, I will never buy a HP machine again!  This all issue came up after I was offered to do a BIOS update by your very own service tool!

HP Recommended

Hello Thierry,

How long does the HDD take to load when you install that drive and also are you able you load windows on the SSD?

Best regards,

WalkerSoMe
Executive Escalations

Social Media Ambassador
CS Americas
HP Inc. 
Palo Alto
CA
USA

HP Recommended

Ok, so I can now successfully boot from the SSD installed in an external USB 3.0 caddy.  Computer boots fast and is very responsive.  But when connecting the SSD to the internal SATA cable, computer still get stuck on the HP logo when booting.  Original non-SSD HP drive works fine when connected internally.  So, this is just to confirm that the issue with the new BIOS update not supporting internal SSD.  How is this really possible?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.